Yoga Somatics: Immersion in Copenhagen
Copenhagen Immersion: Yoga Somatics for Nervous System and Emotional Release
Theory and practice that will help you understand your body's response to stress and trauma, release deep stored feelings and emotions and reset your nervous system.
- You'll learn how to get out of fight-flight-freeze state.
- You'll discover a safe and calm space within.
- You'll learn how to use somatic tools to release accumulating stress and tension to live a happier, healthier and fuller life.
This unique immersion is designed by a psychologist and is suitable for yoga students, therapists and teachers.
WHAT IS YOGA SOMATICS?
Yoga Somatics is an approach that focuses on somatic movement and awareness. "Somatic" refers to the experience of the body from within, emphasizing internal perception and mindfulness of bodily sensations.
Yoga Somatics allows us to learn to regulate ourselves, especially when we are overloaded, overstimulated, going through a transition or dealing with trauma.
Yoga Somatics teaches us how to work with the body in order to experience inner peace and emotional freedom. It offers us a powerful toolbox that supports the nervous systems and helps us find the switch into rest-and-digest mode so that it helps our bodies naturally heal and regenerate.
In yoga somatics, the emphasis is on cultivating a deep awareness of the body, including its movements, sensations, and the interplay between body and mind. This approach often involves slow, mindful movements and breath awareness to enhance proprioception (the sense of the body's position in space) and kinesthetic awareness (awareness of bodily movements).
Key principles of somatic yoga include:
- Mindful Movement: Practitioners focus on slow, intentional movements, paying attention to the sensations and feelings within the body.
- Breath Awareness: Conscious breathing is often integrated into somatic yoga to deepen the mind-body connection and enhance relaxation.
- Release of Tension: Yoga Somatics aims to release chronic muscle tension and promote relaxation by engaging in gentle, exploratory, non-linear movements.
- Body Awareness: Practitioners are encouraged to develop a heightened awareness of their bodies, fostering a deeper connection with the present moment.
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Somatic yoga may include practices to re-educate the nervous system and improve movement patterns, helping to alleviate pain and enhance overall feeling of safety and well-being.
Somatic yoga draws inspiration from various somatic disciplines, bridging psychology, neuroscience and yoga. It is seen as a holistic approach to yoga that goes beyond the physical postures (asanas) to encompass a mindful and experiential exploration of the body.
In this training, Elena is bringing together a synergistic blend of her clinical experience as a sleep therapist and over 10 years of leading yoga and meditation trainings and teachers' programmes. As a therapist she has been working with patients suffering from trauma, addiction, stress disorder, chronic anxiety and insomnia using tools from both yoga and somatic psychology.
IS THIS FOR ME?
This programme is created for yoga students, teachers and therapists. If you are a yoga teacher, you can receive Yoga Alliance Continued Education Credits for this training and deduct the cost of the training as your continued education expense.
The goal of this immersion is to teach you about the methods that allow you and/or your students to release and regulate emotions and soothe the nervous system using the tools that come from psychology-based somatic exercises and ancient yogic tradition. Both can work together powerfully and seamlessly if we have the knowledge of how to connect them. By learning how to use somatic tools, you are deepening your own understanding of your body and your practice. This can be a life-changing skill that will allow you to move through difficult and transitional periods of your life with a lot more personal power and deep sense of confidence and calm.
If you are a teacher, you will be upgrading your skills and moving beyond what you knew about the human body and the nervous system and cultivating an ability to meet your students in moments when they need extra support, offering them exactly what they need.
SYMPTOMS OF SOMATIC STRESS AND SYMPATHETIC OVERLOAD
These are some of the issues that yoga somatics will teach you to address:
・"unexplained" pains in the shoulders, neck, spine and hips. After addressing them with a physio, chiropractor or osteopath, the pains return shortly afterwards as you get stressed
・brain fog and difficulty focusing
・feeling "tired and wired" - exhausted yet unable to slow down the mind and switch into rest mode
・feeling disconnected and detached from your body, feelings and sensations
・weight fluctuations, even when you are eating and exercising well
・hormonal changes, such as low libido, shorter cycles in women, emotional instability.
6 January 2024 Saturday, 14-18 &
7 January 2024 Sunday, 13-17
Interactive talk + visuals.
In this part we'll cover
- polyvagal theory
- mechanism of psychosomatics
- sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and the "switch"
- role of fascia in stress response
- introduction to trauma and somatic trauma release exercises.
In the second half of each session, we'll put new knowledge into practice.
We'll complete with Q+A.
Address: INGEMANNSVEJ 3C, 1.SAL, 1964 FREDERIKSBERG
Get in touch through the contact form!