How to turn self-isolation into a home retreat?
It's not a good idea to travel during the coronavirus outbreak. Staying at home and self-isolating is one of the best things you can do to protect yourself and others. But it's not a reason to stop practicing. In fact here, at home, you have so many "ingredients" of a perfect yoga retreat available, so why not use them?
I have prepared this resource for inspire you to dedicate a few days (or weeks) to seriously focus on your practice and your self-care. The ideas below are divided into morning practices, afternoon programme and evening routines, all of them designed to keep you healthy, strong and sane during these special times.
- before 7.30am - wake up + oil pulling with coconut or sesame oil: click here for your how-to guide
- drink a glass of warm (not hot) water with optional few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 7.30 dry skin brushing + oiling the skin with coconut or warm sesame oil + shower: click here for your how-to-guide
- 8.00 yoga practice - you can use this class with me to wake up!
- 8.30 meditation - try this meditation with me
- 9.00 nutrition: make yourself a delicious freshly squeezed juice or smoothie - click here for recipes!
- 9.30 oxygen boost + mini cardio: enjoy a living room "dance party", or if you live in nature, take an energizing walk or a light run!
- 12.00 slow lunch: choose to stick with juices or smoothies for the rest of the day to give your digestive system a break, or prepare a vegetable soup for lunch if your body is craving a warm meal. Click here for recipes!
- 13.30 reflection time: grab a journal and reflect on your life right now and what you'd like to change or transform
- 14.30 take a nap without feeling guilty, and enjoy a boost of sleep-induced feel-good-hormones. Or click here to enjoy a restful Yoga Sleep meditation with me!
- 16.00 home made freshly squeezed green juice or freshly blended green smoothie - click here for inspiration and recipes
- 17.00 short yoga practice with me - click here to access it!
- 18.00 oxygen boost: light run or walk
- 19.00 juice or smoothie or light dinner - warm veggie soup or salad
- 20.00 bath with epsom salts (epsom salt is amazing: not only does its high content of magnesium help you relax and release muscular tensions, it also stimulates the detoxification processes in the body)
- 20.30 optional calming pre-sleep yoga - click here for guidance
- 21.00 fresh herbal tea (ginger, lemon verbena, camomile, peppermint, Alpine herbs) with your favourite book
- 21.30 meditation - try a non-verbal meditation with music. Click here for meditation music I have created, or if you love it, click here to download the whole album.
- 22.00-ish - sleep
And a few final notes
If you are living with another person, involve him or her too. It's more fun to "home retreat" together.
Remember to stay hydrated and drink 8 glasses of water daily.
As it can be difficult to get to the physio or chiropractor during the quarantine time, remember to practice myofascial release technique. It will help you keep your body in check and is a great addition to your yoga practice. Find a few ideas here, and if you haven't got your myofascial release balls, I've got you covered - head over here to order your pair.
Enjoy your home retreat to the fullest, and share your insights and experiences with me.