I live on good soup, not on fine words
Ayurvedic Take on Soups + my favourite soup recipes
Ayurvedic Take on Soups
In Ayurveda, soups are considered to be one of the most balancing foods. So in this little post, I'll share the Ayurvedic view in a nutshell & my favourite soup recipes.
- The liquid consistency and warmth of a soup is said to be grounding for all Ayurvedic constitutions.
- Soups nourish the digestive system and are easy for the stomach to process.
- Ayurveda even claims that soups calm the Vata constitution and that way help us attain mental balance, calming anxiety and overwhelm.
- Soups are filled with nutrition - that is, if you are using fresh ingredients and don't overcook them.
- Soups are great for managing your weight and keeping the nutritional intake high.
- Soups are incredibly versatile, and so delicious and easy to prepare.
I hope you are convinced. Now let me share with you some of my favourite recipes!
Lightly fry the ingredients with coconut oil for 5-15 minutes.
When the veggies are soft, add boiling water and some spices + herbs.
Cook for 5 more minutes, then blend into a smooth soup or keep it minestrone-style with pieces of vegetables.
Carrot, ginger, leek, coconut, coriander or basil
Fresh tomato, carrot, onion, basil or thai basil
Celery or celery root, shallots, zucchini, parsley
Sweet potato, carrot, coconut milk, ground cumin, turmeric
Pumpkin, cooked lentils, ginger, onion, garlic, coconut milk, ground coriander seeds + coriander
Broccoli, zucchini, leeks and fresh herbs of your choice.
Other tips to boost your health and well-being